Saturday, March 24, 2007

Thief among us

Ok so this is going to seem strange but it is really bothering me so I'll start from the beginning. I have a totally jacked up back so the Dr. has prescribed me some pain type pills for it. It actually hurts pretty bad a lot of the time. I could never understand how people would have this supposedly excruciating back pain but now I know. It hurts pretty much all of the time and at work there is nothing I can do about it but just try to ignore it. The problem is that the pain thought will randomly interrupt my other thoughts. I really don't appreciate this since I have a lot of things that I need to think about during the day and back pain is certainly not one of them. Anyways a few weeks ago when I went to Disneyland I had some of my prescription pills left and I knew I would need them when I came home because hotel beds and long car rides do not help the whole back situation. So I get home and there is not one single pill left. I was so mad and Kody and I couldn't think of who could have take them. We finally decided that the cleaning people must have done it because they were here during the time I was gone. I kept them in the bedroom in a drawer so it's not like other people are in our bedrooms. It's not like they could have been misplaced either because they were the absolute only thing in this nightstand drawer. We fired the cleaning people just in case. So on Wednesday I had a Dr. appointment and I am going to be starting traction for my back so he gave me a prescription for 90 of these pain pills. So I fill the scrip and all of the sudden this morning there are only 35 left in the bottle. I'm positive the cleaning people haven't been here because it looks like my house should be condemned (I haven't hired a new company yet) so we are starting to realize that it is someone else who is stealing the pills. I am obviously very distraught over this because it has to be someone who we know very well that is doing it. The Dr. warned me that when it comes to things like this you should keep them under lock and key and not trust anyone as they are apparently a very hot commodity. I really figured that this was an exaggeration but now I realize that it is not. So we have a thief among us and they apparently have an immense amount of pain.

No comments: