Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I am disappointed in humanity

I swear I just don't know about people anymore. I feel like you can't trust anyone. In my blog from Sunday I was talking about my pain pills being stolen. I know it seems stupid because they are just pills and I agree, but it's the fact that it had to be someone that I know and trust who did it. So yesterday I was running late and I carried my shoes out to the car and I had a sports bra stuffed in one and my ipod and the cord to it in the other shoe. I put them on the backseat of Jamie's car instead of putting them inside my gym bag with the rest of my clothes. Once we got to work I was going to plug in my ipod to put some more music on it but I never had time so it just stayed inside my shoe in the car. Well Jamie decided to have her car washed yesterday. (Let me preclude this by saying that we have a car wash guy that comes to our office every Monday and washes everyone's cars. I have mine washed every week and I have never had a problem. It is always the same guy who does the cars and he just takes our keys and washes them for us and then parks them back in the lot and brings back the keys.) We just left our stuff in the car because it has never been a problem before. Well yesterday the car wash guy had a helper with him that we have never seen before. Low and behold I go to get my stuff to change for the gym last night and there is no ipod in my shoe. We looked everywhere in Jamie's car and it is nowhere in that car. So once again I have been stolen from. I can't just accuse the car wash guy of taking it but really where could it have gone. Other than when he was washing the car it was locked. Once again it's just an ipod so it's not life or death, nor does it have sentimental value, but it was MINE!!! I would never steal from anyone. I feel bad sometimes because I end up bringing so many pens home from work on accident that every once in a while I just buy a box of pens for the office with my own money. This is because I don't believe in taking things that don't belong to me. So anyways I'm very disappointed in people right now because no one seems to care about anyone else but themselves. I know I can be selfish a lot of times and maybe this is some kind of bad karma coming back to me for being selfish but it sucks!!! I feel like I should just open up my house and be like "come on in everyone and take whatever you want because it doesn't even matter anymore". OK it's probably not that dramatic but it is really upsetting me. So for now I will be sitting here in silence with back pain contemplating the integrity of my fellow humans.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

K, I really need to start getting ready for work, so I don't have time to comment individually on every single post, but I'll just do a little combo comment right now...About the pills, I wouldn't confront anyone even if you have suspicions, I would just put them under lock and key like your dr said, and put them someplace so obscure that no one would even even think to look, and like I said, lock them up! About your ipod, I would talk to your regular car wash guy, don't be accusing, just let him know what happened, just so that he'll know that in case anyone else complains about anything, he'll know that there were other incidents...