Sunday, March 25, 2007

I must be related to Bob Villa

So today I totally did an awesome home improvement project and I actually finished it and everything. I usually start them and then end up hiring someone to come finish because I give up about half way through. Since we got a new huge 65" TV and I rearranged the living room I didn't have anywhere to put our DVD's. (We have like 400 of them for some reason) Anyways I didn't know what to do with them and our house is really small so they are just sitting in this area where we have a bar and they are all stacked up on the floor. Today for some reason I was motivated and since my husband actually helped me clean the house (if you read my earlier blog you will know that I fired the house cleaner) I decided to do something with the DVD's. I went to Home Depot and bought all of the stuff and came home and put up shelves in a closet that we have in the bar area. We keep the vacuum and the hard wood floor cleaning machine and a bunch of crap in that closet but I built the shelves above all of that. I was able to fit all of the DVD's and all of our board games and play station games on the shelves without even disturbing any of the junk that was already in the closet. Since I put the board games there it freed up some space in a couple of other closets for me to put up some other stuff. In addition to this project I also cleaned out the pantry, went grocery shopping, folded and put away all of the laundry, put a roast in to cook for dinner, put away all of my winter boots and got all of my shoes reorganized in the closet and cleaned out Kody's walk-in closet. It's not even 3:00 in the afternoon so I feel very proud of myself today. I think I might have to take a nap though because my back is killing me and all of that motivation made me kind of sleepy. Well I'm off to either keep on cleaning or nap, we'll see......

No comments: