Monday, March 26, 2007

I think I've been implanted....

Ok seriously, I think that I've been implanted with some kind of tracking device that sends an alarm to my boss when I try to leave the confines of my office. lol I am basically the general manager/controller/everything for an electrical supply company. I really love my job and I have the best boss in the world. He is the owner of the company and he's a totally funny guy and so nice but he's really high strung. He really does have ADHD and he has medication for it but he goes about a million miles an hour all the time. I mostly can keep up with him pretty well but sometimes it gets tough. So I swear he panicks if I'm not there to do things when he thinks he needs me. A lot of the stuff someone else in the office could do but he really relies on me and he kind of freaks out when I'm not readily available. For the most part I don't take a lunch break because I swear if I leave the office he is calling me wanting to know when I'll be back because there is some "emergency". It doesn't matter if I haven't seen him all day, the second I leave to go pick up food or something he is calling me in a complete panick. So anyways my boss left on vacation last Thursday and won't be back until next week. It was so hectic trying to get him out of here last week and I seriously thought I was going to have a breakdown but we got him off to Hawaii and I thought my life would be pretty calm for the next week. Of course you know there are so many things that have to be taken care of during the week during "normal business hours" and I never get them done because I usually work more than "normal business hours" and as I have been saying, it is practically impossible to get out of the office. So today I think, OK Neal (my boss) is gone and I'm going to go run a couple of errands that I have been putting off. I'm not even kidding I stepped out of my office with my purse and my desk phone starts ringing. I go back in and answer it and it is my boss calling from Hawaii with two emergency situations that he needs me to take care of. (both of these situations are with customers which should really be dealt with by the salesman but he says he wants it taken care of right and needs me to do it) So of course I put my purse down and proceed to remedy the emergencies which takes me until almost 5:00 when everything else is closing. I swear it doesn't matter where in the world he is he somehow knows that I'm going to leave the office for a while and has to call me. So it is nice to feel needed and appreciated but I really need to get my eyebrows waxed!!!!

No comments: